Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Peaceful Thoughts

Speaking for myself I find that being in a state where my mind is at peace is oftentimes very elusive. I can't help it that I am human and being that, I respond to the internal pressures, some innate, but most learned, that I must create security for myself. This in turn takes me from this moment in which I find myself, into future thinking and imagining a scenario of doom and gloom. If I don't do something about it today, a very uncomfortable future awaits me. Now this is not to say that I should kick back and expect the universe to deliver without any effort on my part. Of course living in a material plane requires attention to the ebb and flow of resources and so allowances must be made for that. What I would like to emphasize here is that when I take myself out of this present moment and hang out in a state of worry and fear of what could happen, I am missing out on the peace of mind that is really there in most of my present moments. In those times when I can truly put aside the worries and concerns for the future that doesn't exist I am discovering little essence rich moments that are making my life much more pleasurable.

" See yourself in a state of a simple and pure desire for your fearful mind to be at peace. Feel the sincerity of this desire. Feel your longing to live from this place. Notice that, in spite of what is, you can touch something, higher, something deeper. " ~ Spotted Eagle from his teaching, Peace of Mind

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments or insights are welcome!